Want to work with kids and have a ton of fun at the same time? If so, our After-Four Counsellor position is perfect for you! The After Four/PD day counsellor, as the employee of the Old Ottawa South Community Association (OSCA), is expected to assist in creating, organizing and instructing recreational programs for children and youth at the Firehall.
Requirements for Position
- Standard First Aid, CPR C & AED
- Valid Police Records Check
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) and IASR training completed
- Complete Worker Health and Safety Training
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interest in working with children
- Energetic, yet patient, when dealing with youth;
- Skilled in planning and organizing activities;
- Is able to follow safety precautions when on site;
- Is able to follow direction and policies, as well as interpret and implement performance feedback in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Regularly and accurately follow through with policies and procedures as expected, especially with regard to OSCA and the City’s health and safety policy which is clearly outlined in staff training and accessible to all staff.
- Regularly reads and contributes to logbook and advises staff and supervisors of pertinent information
- Follow proper attendance and sign out procedures.
- Assist in planning and animating daily activities and ensuring supplies are sufficient.
- Ensure areas are properly cleaned at the end of the day.
- Follows proper discipline procedure which comprises time outs and consequences only
- Ensure all discipline issues are communicated with the After Four/Camp Coordinator
- Ensure all safety procedures – as outlined during staff training – are followed
- Ensure all accidents are properly reported
Starting rate: $10.70 - $11.40 per hour