- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 19:59
Even if you didn't have a chance to attend one of the community discussion sessions you can still provide feedback on the Older Adult Action Plan currently being drafted by the City of Ottawa.
The City is currently in the process of developing a plan to be responsive to the needs of older adults and aims to facilitate older adults to
- navigate the natural and built environments safely and with ease
- have the ability to travel within Ottawa
- have access to a range of housing options that meet their personal needs
- have access to the right information when needed
- have opportunities for active living, lifelong learning, and community participation
- be involved in and actively contribute to their community
- have convenient access to an integrated system of support services
- enhance the respect and inclusion of older adults in the city's service delivery
A note about the terminology used by the City of Ottawa in regards to creation of an Older Adult Plan: The term “senior” is used to refer specifically to individuals who are over the age of 65, while the term “older adult” designates a life stage and is not based on an age definition.